Placek (Polish Coffee Cake)
A traditional Polish coffee cake bread made from scratch with golden raisins and topped with powdered sugar. Delicious as is, toasted with butter & preserves, or used for French Toast!
flour, butter, egg, sugar, salt, yeast, lemon, shortening, powdered sugar, golden raisins, vanilla, water
Allergens: Dairy, Wheat, Egg
For best quality, thaw under refrigeration overnight.
Quick French Toast Recipe
- Gently cut Placek with bread knife into 1 in. thick slices.
- Whisk eggs, milk, cinnamon, and nutmeg in bowl until combined.
- Dip Placek slice fully submerged into egg mixture for just about 2-3 seconds. The longer the dip, the more moist the inside of you French Toast will be. Do not go too much longer though or Placek will fall apart.
- Place Placek slice directly onto a lighlty greased (butter or spray) non-stick pan that’s been warmed to medium heat.
- Flip once first side is browned and then cook until brown on the other side. The second side will go faster.
- Add toppings & enjoy warm! Tag us on Facebook or Instagram with your delicious results!! Smacznego! (: